If your business has not received a ballot paper for the BID/Dublintown plebiscite please see instructions below from Dublin City Council on how to have your ballot reissued.
Subject: Ballot Question
Dear Cllr Flynn
All 3001 Ballots were posted on the 20th of April to the Billing Addresses of the Ratepayers. A small no of Ballots were returned to us as An Post could not deliver to the address listed with the Rates Office. The Rates Office hand delivered these returned ballots when possible to the billing address of the ratepayers concerned. As you know in many cases the billing address is different than the rateable property. Other times the Ballots were delivered correctly but went elsewhere within the companies concerned or a change of billing address had not been notified to the Rates Office.
Please ask Mr. or _ and any other eligible ratepayer who has an issue with a ballot to contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if he has not received his Ballot and we will either confirm the billing address on file so that the Ballot can be retrieved or issue a duplicate ballot. Mr will confirm that the Ballots were delivered correctly to his billing address.
The process for the issuing of a duplicate ballot if the ratepayer can confirm non-delivery is as follows:
- A signed letter from the ratepayer on Business Paper (or other business documentation) stating that ballot papers have not been received for the properties in question and requesting a Duplicate Ballot.
- On receipt of this letter which can be posted, hand delivered to the Chief Executive’s Department or scanned and emailed to email@example.com , a duplicate ballot will be issued.
- The Duplicate must be collected from the Chief Executive’s Department Block 4, Floor 4 Civic Offices, Wood Quay, Dublin 8.
- Once a Duplicate Ballot is issued the original Ballot paper becomes invalid and will not be counted if returned.
- Please state in the letter who is authorized to collect the Ballot. That individual should have photo ID
We will only deal with the ratepayer themselves on any inquiry regarding their ballot.
Deirdre Ní Raghallaigh
Senior Executive Officer / Oifigeach Feidhmiúcháin Sinsearach
- 01 222 6738 M: 0868150582 E.Deirdre.firstname.lastname@example.org
Chief Executive’s Office, Civic Offices, Wood Quay, D.8
Oifig an Phríomhfheidhmeannaigh, Oifig na Cathrach, An Ché Adhmaid, BÁC 8