Festival of Feminism
8th and 9th of October
- Two days of key note speakers talking about Trauma, Silence and Voice
- The speakers are Bríd Keenan, Belfast based expert on trauma
- Siobhan Madden Social Researcher, Feminist Activist speaking about voice, silence, memory and knowledge
- Dr Micheline Sheehy Skeffington, speaking about her Grandparents and campaign for gender equality in third level institutions
- Mary McDermott Radical Educator and Feminist Philosopher who will speak about the interaction betweeen social and personal change
- These speakers and key themes are interwoven with music, poetry, drama song and dance, and most importantly conversation and tea….
- €25.00 per individual for the two days.. plus a light lunch, plus a creche, plus ISL interpreters and for those that cannot afford it we have a limited amount of free tickets….so it would be nice to entice those on the East Coast over to the West for two days.
This event sounds fascinating. I am doing academic research on Memory and the Magdalen Laundries.Unfortunately I am based in Paris and will not be able to attend. Will there be a video or recording of the event at some point?
Hi I am not running this event I just posted it for a friend. I think if you go to the link there should be the organisers contact- Anne Rynne and Elaine d’Alton. You can find the event on facebook if you are on that. If not I can get you contact detail and you can email them yourself and ask about documentation of the event etc.
all the best
Thank you for your answer. Will get in touch with organizers.
Will pass this on to friend in Ennis.
Thank you so much
Although I’m in London I’d love to follow the events…a brief summary would be sufficient.