Festival of Feminism
8th and 9th of October
- Two days of key note speakers talking about Trauma, Silence and Voice
- The speakers are Bríd Keenan, Belfast based expert on trauma
- Siobhan Madden Social Researcher, Feminist Activist speaking about voice, silence, memory and knowledge
- Dr Micheline Sheehy Skeffington, speaking about her Grandparents and campaign for gender equality in third level institutions
- Mary McDermott Radical Educator and Feminist Philosopher who will speak about the interaction betweeen social and personal change
- These speakers and key themes are interwoven with music, poetry, drama song and dance, and most importantly conversation and tea….
- €25.00 per individual for the two days.. plus a light lunch, plus a creche, plus ISL interpreters and for those that cannot afford it we have a limited amount of free tickets….so it would be nice to entice those on the East Coast over to the West for two days.