Irish Awards Administrator Maternity Cover (6 months)
The Fulbright Commission
www.fulbright.ie) is seeking to appoint an Irish Awards Administrator
to provide maternity cover for a six month period from July 2014.
The Fulbright Commission in Ireland is a bilateral partnership
supported by the U.S. Department of State and the Irish Government’s
Department of Foreign Affairs, as well as the Department of Arts,
Heritage, and the Gaeltacht. Its funding is derived from Irish and
U.S. governments, higher education institutions, public agencies,
organizations, and donations.
The Fulbright Commission in Ireland annually awards grants for Irish
citizens to study, research, or teach in the U.S. and for Americans to
do the same in Ireland. The primary grant program that the Commission
manages is Fulbright Program, whose purpose is to increase mutual
respect and understanding between people of the United States and
people of other countries through educational and cultural exchange.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the successful candidate must:
· Have a postgraduate qualification in a relevant field and/or
a minimum of three years experience in a relevant role
· Have excellent communication, administration, and interpersonal skills
· Have excellent IT skills with strong Microsoft Office skills
· Demonstrate initiative and self-direction
· Enjoy working in a fast-paced, creative environment,
collaborating in a small team, and effectively responding to tasks and
· Empathise with Fulbright’s purpose
· Be legally eligible to work in the Republic of Ireland.
The following are desirable:
· Experience of both the Irish and U.S. higher education systems
· Irish language.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities are indicative, but not
exhaustive. They may change over time to reflect the Commission’s
changing context, priorities, and activities.
· Management of the Fulbright Awards for all applicants
looking to go to the U.S.
· Management of the Summer Institute for Social Entrepreneurship Award
· Liaison with relevant U.S. and Irish agencies
· Identification and development of program development opportunities
· Development and delivery of orientation and cultural
programs / events for awardees
· Collaboration on the promotion and advertising of Fulbright
Awards / Program.
Board Meetings / Events:
· Provision of administrative support for Fulbright Commission
Board meetings and events (e.g. minutes, Board papers, catering
· Assisting with file and diary management, office
administration, telephone reception, and post.
Remuneration and Benefits
Contract Tenure: A six month contract with effect from July 7th,
2014 is being offered. A two week probation period will apply.
Salary: EURO 30,000 annual gross pro-rated for the
Annual Leave: 8 days for the contract tenure
Interested applicants should submit by email by 12 noon on April 16th, 2014:
· A cover letter outlining motivation for applying and
· A detailed curriculum vitae
· The names / contact details of two referees.
Applications and requests for further information should be addressed to:
Ms. Colleen Dube
T: +353 (0) 1 660 7670